Carrot Cake Recipe
If you thought the previous recipe was easy, wait ’til you see this one!
- 200 ml Flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) Sugar
- 5 ml (teaspoon) Baking powder
- 5 ml (teaspoon) Bicarbonate of Soda
- 5 ml (teaspoon) Salt
- 5 ml (teaspoon) Ground cinnamon
- 60ml (¼ cup) pecan nuts/almonds (optional)
- 500 ml (2 cups) Grated carrots
- 125 ml (½ cup) Oil
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F) and spray your cake pan with a non-stick baking spray.
- Sieve all dry ingredients together.
- Beat the eggs and oil together.
- Add the egg mixture, carrots and pecan nuts/almonds to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your cake pan and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Leave the cake in the pan to cool for 10 minutes before you take it out the pan to cool further on a cooling rack.
Cream cheese Frosting
- 1 egg white
- 500 ml (2 cups) confectioners’ sugar (icing sugar), sifted
- 2.5 ml (½ teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream cheese
- Beat the egg whites until they begin to rise and hold their shape.
- While whipping, beat in the confectioners’ sugar (icing sugar) until very stiff and firm, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
This video from Allrecipes.com explains it better than I can, so check it out:
Just a note:
- You can also use a cake leveler in step one.
- Double the frosting recipe if making a layer cake.
Lady Cookie Monster